We are looking for a Client Partner
Who We Are:
Client Partners provide the strategic counsel our senior clients seek - helping them identify, understand and define business, service and marketing problems and opportunities that can be addressed by the application of digital solutions. And they lead client relationships as part of teams that address these problems through digital product and service design, and engineering.
What You’ll Do:
- Be a partner - help clients uncover and articulate business challenges and bring advisory expertise to address them, as if they were your own
- Draw on your own expertise - about digital product and service design, modern engineering and delivery, business design, commercial case-making and capability change - to advise clients, and create engagement opportunities (consultative selling)
- Brief and align internal teams - of specialists with depth expertise in these and related fields - to address client challenges through these engagements. Lay out the business context (the problem, the desired commercial outcome, the wider organisational impact, etc.) for the team unambiguously
- Continually feed and extend your own expertise in modern digital design, engineering, delivery and business
- Be generous with the insight and expertise that comes through this - help clients to advance their own understanding and capability - so they come back to you, repeatedly, to volunteer their challenges
- Help clients manage stakeholders, build internal consensus, identify opportunities, form business cases, justify investment, prove returns, design governance structures, etc.
- Be an advocate for customer centric design techniques and modern engineering and delivery - applied to the very heart of client’s businesses - as mechanisms to create value
- Be a window onto the clients (people, business, customers, challenges, opportunities, etc.) - sharing everything you learn about the clients, generously and frequently
- Mediate between the team and the clients, especially on difficult or contentious issues - to help clients get the best from the team
- Drive client satisfaction and delight, and build professional relationships of mutual respect, for yourself personally and for business as a whole.
- Collaborate with other agencies, partners and suppliers to the client, to serve the clients interests first
- Sacrifice short term gain for long term trust.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Identify and manage a pipeline of revenue - accurately predicting the timing and value of projects ahead to support internal resource and capacity planning.
- Work with clients to agree, as far as possible, a stable and predictable programme of work over time with mutual commitment to make it possible.
- Work with the Finance and Operations team and the Chief Growth Officer to conclude commercial and contract negotiations with clients, and drive commercial performance.
- Work with the delivery team and heads of disciplines to ensure that you can meet and manage client expectations about project scope, deliverables, delivery schedule, costs, invoicing cycle, etc.
- Achieve personal billable utilisation in excess of 50%.
- Lead the team, but be in the team. Contribute with your own strategic expertise. This is not a “shiny suit and a twinkly-eye” sales role.
- Practice and actively promote a “one team” philosophy - driving maximum collaboration between team members, and with client team members, to find the best possible answer to client problems.
- Be instrumental in pulling together the right resources, finding the right skills and running the right operating model to form a very happy team that delivers excellent quality output for clients.
- Create direct-contact opportunities between client and team - so the expertise in core capabilities are exposed to the client, and the client’s challenges and pressures are exposed to the team.
- Identify emerging capabilities that the client needs that stretch or are adjacent to our own, but necessary to fulfil our Core Business Digital proposition, and engage the discipline leaders so they can marshal the capabilities and resources we’ll need to meet these needs.
Sales & Marketing
- Practice our sales and marketing philosophy - “make friends” - bringing expertise and warmth to establish relationships that lead to respect, referral and direct engagements
- Catch opportunities (either ones you stimulate, or those coming through our lead generation mechanisms) - lead the pitch team, establish and hold the client relationship, find the right answer, convert them.
- Identify opportunities for PR, promotion and awareness-raising for the business, and work with the marketing team and the clients to make the most of them
- Represent the business externally - in social media, at conferences and events, to the press, etc.
Our ideal candidate for this role is someone who has:
- Proven expertise in holding C-level advisory relationships related to digital design and innovation, modern engineering, agile delivery, business design and capability change
- Extensive experience in leading and managing multi-£M client account relationships and delivery programmes in complex multi stakeholder environments
- Proven expertise in convincing boards and board members of ambitious visions for the role and impact of digital in large organisations.
- Extensive experience in commercial case-making for digital change, and digital delivery programmes
- Extensive experience in running experience-design-led digital delivery and change
- A career history or roots in one or more of the core disciplines - Strategy, Design, Engineering, Delivery Management
- Stand-out communication ability:
- Persuasive and inspiring presentation/story crafting and delivery
- Precise and unambiguous written communications
- Constructive and articulate conversation and negotiation
- Strong leadership skills, able to inspire and get the very best out of team members, and create the conditions in which effective cross-disciplinary collaboration can aris
- History of understanding complex problems and finding new ways of solving them with design and technology
Note: This job description reflects the core activities of the role and as the role and post holder develops there will inevitably be changes in the emphasis of duties. It is expected that the post holder will recognise this and adopt a flexible approach to work and be willing to participate in changes and any training.
Package and benefits
Competitive salary, dependent on experience
- Health insurance
- Free eye tests
- Discretionary bonus
- Employee assistance programme
- Independent financial advice
- Contributory pension
- Enhanced adoption, paternity and maternity leave
- Professional membership fees and subscriptions paid
- Weekly massages