Friday is looking for a Senior Automation QA
Who We Are:
Friday makes digital products for clients in a range of industries and sectors. Placing user experiences and quality at the forefront of the deliverables, the role of QA is critical. Using agile delivery methodologies, the teams work collaboratively to produce software in iterative drops. All members of the team contribute throughout the lifecycle, including inputting to the design and requirements definition and interacting with the clients. We place high standards on the quality of software delivered, hence every project has dedicated, independent testers. We have a rapid turnaround and require fast feedback on what we deliver so automation is key, as is the capability to produce systems to required non-functional levels.
What You’ll Do:
Working with the Automation Leads, you’ll be responsible for delivering QA automation across both our internal projects and those for our clients. You’ll ensure automated acceptance test suites, performance monitoring and CI jobs are implemented, maintained, and are being used to give consistent feedback on the health of our systems. You’ll be a passionate advocate of test automation and non-functional testing to ensure high quality deliverables are produced.
About the Role:
As a Senior Automation QA, your key tasks and responsibilities will be to:
- Implement different tools including those for automated acceptance testing (e.g. BDD tools), visual regression testing, API/integration testing, performance and accessibility.
- Implement and maintain lean, fit for purpose test automation suites that add project value.
- Implement performance tests and produce test reports.
- Write test plans describing the QA activities for a project.
- Capture acceptance criteria and scenarios in BDD-style “given/when/then” format.
- Triage failures highlighted by automated tests and proactively raise defects.
- Accurately estimate the time required to complete tasks.
- Implement cross-browser and device tests using manual and automated tools.
- Capture and document non-functional requirements.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Expertise in the following technologies and tools:
- Appium or similar mobile automation tools.
- Knowledge of REST APIs including HTTP principles, XML and JSON.
- SQL, relational databases, HTML and Linux-based environments.
- Hands on experience of Selenium (Webdriver/Capybara/Watir) for web application automation.
- Experience of setting up and maintaining CI test run jobs (we use Jenkins).
- Using version control to manage code (we use Git).
- A proven track record of delivering QA within a complex projects
- Experience of working in agile environments with an understanding of the rhythms and routines of agile methodologies.
- Ability to adapt to different technologies and pick up new tools quickly.
- Minimum of 3 years Software Testing experience, ideally web and mobile applications.
- Experience in load and performance test tools, preferably open-source/non-enterprise (e.g. ApacheBench, JMeter).
- Experience of working in digital and web technologies.
- Experience of working in multi-project environments, ideally with rapid project turnaround using iterative delivery approaches.
- Comfortable working closely with different clients, and advising on automation approaches as required.
- Used the Atlassian toolset (Jira/Confluence) and Slack to complement face-to-face interactions.
The Big Plus:
It would be a definite bonus if you also had some experience of:
- Experience of BDD delivery approaches including specification by example techniques.
- CMS experience (e.g. Sitecore, AEM, Brightspot, Umbraco).
- .NET/C#/SpecFlow experience.
- ISTQB qualifications (foundation or higher).
- Static code analysis tools (e.g. SonarQube)
Our ideal candidate is someone who is:
- An excellent communicator, understands when issues need to be raised, and does so in an appropriate and timely manner
- An active member of the QA community, shows interest in keeping up to date with tools and techniques, and attends meet-ups or other learning events.
- Naturally inquisitive, proactive, and keen to understand systems in order to find flaws, opportunities and defects.
- Willing and able to learn and use new technologies.
- Flexible and adaptable to working in a constantly changing environment.
- Tenacious and pragmatic at finding the correct solution.
- A team player with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, who is effective at working independently and collaboratively.
- A detail-oriented individual who enjoys the challenge of technical troubleshooting.
- Able to prioritise, organise and manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, navigating obstacles, and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Adept at applying excellent interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with technical and non-technical employees, management and clients.
- Able to exercise high levels of initiative, judgement and diplomacy as required.
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated and driven by integrity.
- Enthusiastic, proactive with a can-do attitude.
- Collaborative, friendly, ‘hunchy’ with bags of initiative.
For more information on joining our hugely talented QA team here at Friday, please send your covering note and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org