Friday is looking for a Technical Director - Engineering & DevOps
We are looking to hire an experienced Technical Director to join our 150 strong (and growing) Engineering & DevOps practice. This is a senior role, and one that will stretch you personally and professionally.
Having a deep technical expertise, inclusive and empathetic leadership skills (we like the Servant-Leader model), and a passion for business development are key to the role. You might expect to spend about half of your time actively engaged on client projects, with the balance split between new business development, and working to nurture and support our engineering practice and people.
You are passionate about:
- Building interpersonal relationships with client teams, through involvement in business development activities and day-to-day technical guidance of engineers, in the work.
- Spotting opportunities to grow technology revenue via your relationships and understanding where we can add more value to our client engagements.
- Building and growing engineering teams – from entry level to more senior folks – so that they are engaged, supported and growing as individuals and as teams.
- Orchestrating best in class engineering output, ensuring that we are delivering the right thing at the right time to our clients.
- Helping build an extraordinary engineering culture, which attracts and retains the highest quality of engineers at all levels of career.
- Expect a sleeves-up role, as all our people are client facing and empowered to fulfil the best outcome for their clients.
What we're looking for:
You have at least 5 years’ experience working within a fast-paced multi-disciplinary digital environment and can demonstrate your ability to deal with large amounts of information, make decisions effectively, and guide engineers to achieve the best possible outcome for clients.
You will have proven experience of acting as a trusted technology leader, from successful experience building business pipelines through to complex engineering delivery. You can evidence how you have identified new revenue opportunities and converted these into business growth as well as having delivered engineering projects of significant value.
You’re commercially savvy - with clear experience delivering effective estimation and working with cross discipline teams to get to the heart of a solution, articulating the engineering elements clearly to internal folk but critically, to clients too.
You’re an experienced line manager and mentor - actively interested in supporting engineers in both their career development and team contribution. You’ll get directly involved in recruitment - ensuring we continue to enjoy success by bringing on the very best people.
You have clear ideas on how things might be done and want to join a company where doing things the right way is a principle we strive to achieve daily. You inspire others to constructively test your position through open dialog and multi-disciplinary involvement to reach the right answer.
You’re obsessed with the excellence of approach, architecture and implementation. Standards matter a lot. If something isn’t right, you are not going to let it slide - the quality of the product or service and the resultant user experience is fundamentally important to how you approach your work.
You’re a self-starter with a strong entrepreneurial streak – able to prioritize your time effectively, and build relationships across the Digital practice.
And finally - you’re not afraid of sitting down with clients and working solutions through with them in a highly collaborative and open way.
What will you be participating in?
As a Technical Director, you can expect to be involved in all the following:
- Developing detailed and compelling responses to new business opportunities alongside colleagues from other areas of our digital practice and the wider PA capabilities
- Developing our relationships with clients, and industry partners, so that we can identify areas where we can provide additional value to their businesses.
- Developing and mentoring teams (in-house and on client site) to solve for complex technology needs and deliver the right outcomes.
- Shaping and growing our Digital Engineering and DevOps practice, culture & people alongside our Partner Sponsors and Practice Leads.
To apply for this key leadership position, please send your CV to email@example.com