You will support the Head of Delivery in leading Friday’s long term delivery output.
Delivery Directors provide vision; driving the evolution of delivery practices and ensuring excellence in every aspect of our delivery to clients – from strategy to shipping. You will lead by doing, mentor with generosity and simplify the complex. You will be responsible for setting up and running programmes, overseeing a range of projects and managing one or more projects yourself, as part of a highly skilled digital team. You’ll be adept at delivering complex digital projects, breaking down barriers for your team, planning at a higher level and getting into the detail to make things happen when needed.
You will develop strategic, long-term relationships with clients. You will formulate and articulate complex delivery strategies and workable, tactical plans. You will ensure our delivery solutions are robust and commercially strong. You are not set in one process or way of thinking, but use exactly the right skills to solve our client challenges. You will spend 70% of your time in the work and 30% of your time mentoring and supporting others. You will be responsible for over £2m of projects and you will lead high-profile client work.
You will be core to decisions that build high performing teams, where people are excited about the work they are undertaking. You will have line management responsibility for one or more Delivery Managers.
The big picture
- You have a strategic understanding of Friday’s goals and vision; and why clients and employees come to Friday
- You demonstrate understanding of and promote best practice of the Friday values and ways of working
- You keep up to date with opportunities issues and trends, and have a point of view, sharing your knowledge generously
- You are committed to helping build a better Friday and able to spot new business opportunities, and can take an active role in new business development (ie, pitching, chemistry meetings)
Key responsibilities, skills and experience
- Lead and formulate delivery strategy, be a delivery expert the team can draw on to determine the most appropriate approaches and methodologies
- Clearly communicate delivery direction to others and be ‘in the work’ yourself
- Be organised, self-motivated, ambitious, curious
- Have direct line management responsibilities; coach, mentor and train; organise and run interviews, onboarding activities, 1-2-1’s, performance appraisals and development plans
- Evolve and codify our Delivery Management practice, deliver projects using the appropriate delivery methodology, learning and iterating frequently, and coaching others to do so
- Stand in for the Head of Delivery as required
- Set the bar/example of what great Delivery Management looks like, ensuring quality and attention to detail is embedded throughout our project work.
You may be required to go into client organisations, as part of delivery teams and set up delivery practices, governance and routines onsite for periods of time, or coach others to do so.
To find out more about this instrumental leadership role on the Delivery Management team at Friday please request a full JD by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line 'Delivery Director Role'