Junior DevOps Engineer
Friday makes really useful digital products and services for its clients. Our clients are all organisations that matter – with close, service relationship with their customers, in which digital is critical. We’re strategic engineers and designers – and we value velocity, ingenuity, collaboration and agility.
We are currently looking to hire two Junior DevOps Engineers to join our experienced, friendly and super Tech Savvy agile team.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a junior engineer who ideally has had exposure to Linux/Networking , to be closely mentored by a senior member of the Friday DevOps team.
What you’ll do:
As Junior DevOps Engineer you will be accountable for taking ownership in the Engineering and Administration mixed Windows/Mac environment and building Cloud platform in OpenStack and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
About You: We are looking for ambitious Junior Engineers who are passionate about self -development and are looking to work in a cutting edge Digital agency where you can acquire new skills and take the next steps in learning tools such as orchestration, containerisation within a supportive highly agile DevOps team.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Good knowledge and experience with Linux on the command line.
- Some knowledge of scripting is vital for automating tasks and tools.
- Strong analytical skills, giving you the ability to understand complex issues and apply fixes.
- A self -starter, who is friendly, motivated, eager to learn and hugely ambitious with the goal of taking their career to the next level with a leading Digital Agency
- Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPIC) or similar certification.
- Linux Automation: Ansible, Puppet, Chef Containerisation: e.g. Docker
Nice to haves:
For more information on joining the DevOps team please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com with Junior DevOps Engineer as the title heading
**Please no agencies**