Who We Are:
The strategy team works as part of multidisciplinary teams designing and building digital services for clients. We play a particular role in these teams and bring a range of specific strategy skills and practices, ranging from digital marketing to service design, and digital product development skills.
Our strategists lead stakeholder consultation and vision/innovation workshop activities. We define visions for whole digital systems and for the organisations that run them. We define and describe new product and service propositions. We help the client product- owner make the best decision to ensure products and services are specified to deliver on the proposition.
We champion the interests of the end user, and a practice of continual insight/validation with users. We advocate for data-driven decision-making, and actively use data to derive more value from product and services throughout their life cycle.
What You’ll Do:
Main responsibilities of this role will include:
You will join a multi-disciplinary team to deliver digital marketing objectives for a global bank, including digitising customer service (self-service) and supporting marketing transformation (eg: platforms, processes, and ongoing measurement and optimisation) This will involve evolving existing parts of the digital ecosystem, helping the bank deliver value to prospects in the context of marketing automation journeys, as well as defining new customer or prospect utilities, based on business and audience insights. You will work iteratively and collaboratively with the team and client to deliver at speed.
Main responsibilities of this role will include:
Leading strategy across multiple streams of work
- Lead the quality of strategic output, insight and research for our client, across a programme of work
- Set clear expectations about quality and speed of project output, and the quality of communications. Work hand in hand with other disciplines to make sure the resulting strategies are realisable and realised - and coach teams and contributors to exceed those expectations
- Define strategic approaches to projects and problems - picking and justifying the mix of strategy activities and deliverables - and explain them convincingly to clients and collaborators
- Confidently sketch target customer experiences, journeys and interfaces in collaborative teams and in workshops with clients
- Design and lead stakeholder interviews, workshops and co-creation sessions
- Model the behaviours that create the best project experience for all participants and create the best project outcomes. Set and manage clear expectations about these behaviours and coach individuals and teams to exceed them.
Evolving and codifying our practice
Support the Head of Strategy in developing, selecting and promoting new methodologies, techniques, practices, and tools and resources, etc. This includes:
- Developing and refining new techniques, as part of a conscious plan to evolve our practice
- Specifically owning the definition, development and documentation of Friday’s approach to primary customer research: actively researching and introducing new user research techniques and tools and build them into the team’s practice
- Documenting key areas of our practice, through collaborative sessions and the creation of internal communications materials (for onboarding, etc.)
- Ensuring knowledge sharing across the department and across the company through peer-reviews, crits, company meetings and any other relevant methods, and producing content to publish externally.
Pipeline and line management
- Support the Head of Strategy in allocating Strategists to projects within the work streams you are responsible for
- Support recruitment and selection, on-boarding, career development, mentoring and training, performance, grievance and disciplinary procedures and salary/ remuneration appraisals, and general line-management responsibilities (sickness, holidays etc.)
- Help match the pipeline of work to the pipeline of people (so the people are challenged and growing, and the clients get the right talent for the best project outcomes, and the team is busy and hitting utilisation targets)
- Accurately scope, estimate effort and define activities for complex projects and programmes of work (e.g. in proposals/SOWs)
- Know the team well, their skills and interests; cast individuals in a way that will engage and challenge them. Help keep the people in the department thirsty to learn.
To be successful in this role you will need to be:
- Accomplished at using storytelling techniques (that are human, impactful, accessible and captivating) to convey information, argument and persuasion in formal pressured settings, to large senior audiences
- Experienced in optimising marketing automation supported journeys
- Comfortable splitting your time, energy and attention across several projects and clients
- Able to challenge and question using different critique techniques, offering praise when deserved; actively seek feedback on own output and management approach
- Confident making guesses in public: comfortable proposing early hypothesis, as a starting point to collaborative iteration (happy being publicly wrong too)
- Able to reconcile differences and opposing views to better enable collaboration.
- Digital media literate: search, affiliates, attribution, and programmatic
- Gravitas, a sharp thinker who is big picture savvy
- An innovative thinker who is always looking to challenge the work produced to ensure it is of exceptional quality
- Instinctive problem solver with love of complex problems and elegant solutions
- Confident, articulate and persuasive; someone who enjoys sharing and developing ideas within a team
- Able to have full and frank conversations, employing sensitivity and robustness in equal measure
- Ambitious for the quality of digital experience that Friday creates on behalf of its clients
- Highly organised with excellent people management skills and a passion to improve the day-to-day effectiveness of teams
- A confident communicator with clear thinking and a well-organised approach
- A confident and persuasive writer, a skilled crafter and deliverer of presentations
- Highly collaborative and adaptive to working with all disciplines within the agency
- Adept at communicating technical issues to non-technical people effectively and skilled at getting to the bottom of client’s needs and expectations.
Sound like the opportunity you have been looking for? Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Lead Strategist in the title.