Friday is looking for a Mid-weight Designer
About Design at Friday
Designers at Friday have deep practitioner specialist skills across any or all parts of the design spectrum - from design strategy and IA, UX, interface design, through to prototyping and movement. We however display a generalist attitude; an understanding of the whole design process, and can easily navigate, communicate and practice the full spectrum.
We have practical delivery skills to make actual things rather than just pictures of things. And these skills constantly evolve – so we self-teach a lot.
We are passionate about the intersection between Design, UX and Front End and the possibilities for innovation at those boundaries. We work in mixed discipline highly collaborative teams, committed to building better experiences and truly believe that user experience is the responsibility of the whole project team.
What we need
We are looking for a Mid Weight Designer (UX & UI) to join our growing design team. In this role you'll work on the rapid delivery of projects ranging from improvements to existing experience design systems, through to large one off projects across responsive frameworks or native apps.
You will develop strong, long-term relationships with clients, shaping their understanding of modern digital practice and increasing their confidence when commissioning digital experiences.
Working closely with Senior and Lead Designers you will contribute to all design aspects of our work and ensure it is robust, progressive and commercially strong.
What you’ll do
As Mid Weight Designer (UX & UI) you will have been developing digital responses to complex client problems across responsive environments for 2+ years within an agency or design studio. You will therefore have experience and knowledge of a range of design tools, software, techniques and processes - and know when to use them.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be to:
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams, within Friday and beyond, to conceive, describe and craft useful, usable and delightful digital products and services
- Shape design solutions and rapidly visualize a proposition, through sketching and prototyping
- Constantly develop the craft of UX & UI, pushing the creativity and innovation in our work
- Produce a range of artefacts from sketches, wireframes, prototypes, through to site maps, user flows and interface design
- Have a strong focus on quality and timely delivery
- Present your ideas to a varied audience from senior marketing execs to technical architects and developers
- This role is heavily client-facing.
- Experience of rapidly sketching, scamping concepts and making prototypes
- Producing formal UX and visual design deliverables to a high standard of polish
- Able to use the usual design and prototyping software to a high standard (Such as: Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, Invision, Axure, Omnigraffle, Sublime/Atom, Keynote, pen and paper) + any you can introduce us to
- Able to interpret, follow and create design guidelines and principles
- Exemplary and creative storytelling with strong, clear and concise communication skills (written and verbal)
- Willing to learn new tools as needed
- You are delightfully non-ego driven
- You are full of energy and passion for what you do
- You are constantly learning by teaching yourself and challenging your own and thinking
- You make others around you better by consciously teaching and unconsciously inspiring
- You have a strong work ethic, are well organised, can manage complexity across multiple projects
- You have an eye for detail and ‘good enough’ never is
- You are an exceptional communicator
- You are collaborative, friendly, ‘hunchy’ with bags of initiative.
If you think you’re that special someone we’re looking for, please email over your CV, a covering letter and link to your portolio/worksamples to: email@example.com quoting reference Mid-weight Designer in your subject.
***We like to deal directly with our candidates, so no Agencies please***